Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, offers a lot of options for tourists. Here are some popular activities and things to do in Kathmandu:
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Kathmandu has several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the ancient city of Bhaktapur, Patan Durbar Square, and Kathmandu Durbar Square. These sites are rich in history and architecture and offer a glimpse into Nepal’s rich cultural heritage.
- Explore the Temples and Shrines: Kathmandu is known as the city of temples and has many beautiful temples and shrines that tourists can explore, such as Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, and Boudhanath.
- Go Shopping: Kathmandu has several markets and shopping areas where tourists can shop for local handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs. The Thamel district is a popular shopping destination for tourists.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine: Kathmandu offers a variety of local cuisine, including momos (dumplings), dal bhat (rice and lentils), and Newari cuisine. There are many restaurants and cafes in Kathmandu where tourists can try these dishes.
- Attend Festivals: Nepal has several festivals throughout the year, and Kathmandu is the hub of these celebrations. Some popular festivals to attend in Kathmandu include Holi, Diwali, and Bisket Jatra.
- Take a Mountain Flight: For tourists who don’t have the time to go trekking in the mountains, a mountain flight is a great option. This flight takes you on a scenic tour of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest.
- Enjoy Nightlife: Kathmandu has a vibrant nightlife, with several bars, clubs, and music venues. The Thamel district is a popular area for nightlife in Kathmandu.
These are just some of the many things that tourists can do in Kathmandu. The city has a lot to offer, and there’s something for everyone.